Niki & the Dove are equal parts club-pop and indie-electronic sheen. The Swedish duo of Malin Dahlström and Gustaf Karlöf masterfully toe that mainstream/indie line, releasing chart-worthy songs like “DJ, Ease My Mind” and “Somebody” on the independent label Sub Pop. Those songs are from their debut LP Instinct, which they’ll be supporting live in the U.S. throughout January. Both members have a background working in theater and dance productions, and they use that experience to create their own, unique live experience for their audiences. You can see for yourself this Thursday night when they open their tour at Union Transfer, a show for which we’re giving away a pair of tickets.
Read the details below to find out how to enter the giveaway, but first, check out Vacationer. The emerging band will be supporting Niki and the Dove on their tour, including this Thursday night, behind their debut album Gone. You can stream “Everyone Knows” below and the rest of the album on Soundcloud.
Ok, now here are the giveaway details…
- All entrants will be entered into a virtual hat and one winner will be selected at random.
- To enter, email swollenfoxgiveaways(at)gmail.com with the subject “Niki & The Dove Giveaway.” You must follow The Swollen Fox on Twitter or Facebook to qualify. If you follow on twitter, please provide your twitter handle when you enter.
- For a bonus entry, share the link to this giveaway on your Facebook or Twitter, take a screenshot to prove you shared it, and attach that screen shot to your entry email.
- The entry period closes on Wednesday, January 9th at 4 P.M. (Eastern Time).
- The winner will be contacted via email and their tickets will be left under their name on the guest list.
- Your information will not be spammed or sold, this is just the best way to ensure the winner is contacted.
More information for this show can be found here.