So Ra Ra Riot‘s new album Beta Love is out today and they will be here in Philly a mere two days from now doing the live thing at Union Transfer. The new album, which you can stream in full here, is a big change for the New York indie-poppers. Cellist Alexandra Lawn has left the band, inspiring the remaining members to switch around some instruments and shift to a synth-pop sound closer to that of Passion Pit than anything from The Orchard or The Rhumb Line. A change in sound this drastic is sure to scare off some old fans, but should also reel in some new ones. Either way, their live show should be a new experience for all involved, and we’re giving away a pair of tickets for a lucky winner and a friend to experience it for themselves. Details are below.
(By the way, if you do find yourself attending the show on Thursday, get there early to catch the opening set by Guards. They’ve got some good stuff to be heard.)
- All entrants will be entered into a virtual hat and one winner will be selected at random.
- To enter, email swollenfoxgiveaways(at)gmail.com with the subject “Ra Ra Riot Giveaway.” You must follow The Swollen Fox on Twitter or Facebook to qualify. If you follow on twitter, please provide your twitter handle when you enter.
- For a bonus entry, share the link to this giveaway on your Facebook or Twitter, take a screenshot to prove you shared it, and attach that screen shot to your entry email.
- The entry period closes on Wednesday, January 23 at 4 P.M. (Eastern Time).
- The winner will be contacted via email and their tickets will be left under their name on the guest list.
- Your information will not be spammed or sold, this is just the best way to ensure the winner is contacted.
More information for this show can be found here.